Are you a teacher or office worker who desires to have complete control over you work activities? If yes, then this course is especially for you. This course content has been strategically designed to provide the relevant IT practical skills needed by every modern day office worker and teacher. Technology for teachers has become inherent in this present day’s teaching and working environment. Therefore seizing the opportunity to learn the relevant soft skills will not only boost your confidence but also help the you get absolute control over your work in terms of organization and management.
Included in this program content are the following courses: Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office Word, Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Microsoft Access (Optional), Microsoft Office Publisher (Optional), Outlook (optional),Google Classroom, Google Forms, Google Drive, Email and other relevant Internet technologies.
Upon completion of this certified training program, graduates will be competent to serve as ICT teachers, serve as an office administrator and also effectively use the above productivity software.
Importance or Uses of Microsoft Office Excel to Teachers
Some of the benefits of Excel to teachers and office workers include:
- It can be used to store students’ and customers’ personal records.
- It can be used to record and rank students’ assignments, quizzes and exam results and also store customer payment and office expenditure records.
- Can be easily used to analyze students’ and job performance through graphs and dashboard.
- It can be used to generate reports.
- It can be used to store and manage finances.
Importance or Uses of Microsoft Office Word
Word can be beneficial in the following ways:
- It can be used by teachers to prepare examination and test papers.
- It can be used to create lesson plans.
- It can be used to prepare letters.
- It can be used in combination with excel to design template for printing bulk documents.
- It can be used to create lesson script by using text, word art, shapes, colors, and images.
- It can be used to create letterheads and all official documents.
Importance of Microsoft Access to School and Office Administrators
Microsoft Access tends to more useful to those who wish support school’s and office administration in managing database.
Among the many benefits of access include:
- It can be used to store parents, students, customers and staff’s personal details.
- It provides easy and powerful tool to query (request and access stored information).
- It can be used to organize schedules for lessons and office programmes.
- It can be used to manage teachers, students’ and employee attendance.
- It can be store students’ academic records.
- Academic report (report cards) can be generated with Access.
- It can be used to store and manage organisational finances.
- Receipt or invoices can be generated from stored financial records with Access.
Other important soft skills
- Google Classroom
Google provides you with a free and easy to use online platform to hold your online class and office meetings.
Use Google classroom to hold lectures or lessons, schedule assignments and quizzes, post and have your students comment in real time and many more. With Google classroom you absolute control over your class, you decide who joins or stays away from your class, who partake of your assignment, you can share videos, share files etc.
PowerPoint provides you with powerful tools to create a visual presentation of your lessons to make lessons interesting to your students by using slides, animations, info graphics, SmartArt, etc.
- Google forms
Use Google form to create customized online quizzes, survey, polls etc.
ESSENTIAL IT SKILLS FOR MODERN DAY WORKER
The purpose of this course is to equip workers with the relevant IT practical skills and tips to enhance performance.
After completing this course, graduate should be able to:
- Create standard word documents in an effective and timely manner
- Use excel to store and retrieve data
- Use excel functions and formulas to perform calculations (including automatically calculating and grading assignments and exams)
- Use excel Pivot Tables, Charts and slicers to present data in a professional manner
- Use the PowerPoint to create presentations
- Use Microsoft Access to create a database system to store, perform calculations and retrieve information.
- Be familiar with Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides.
- Use Google forms to assign and automatically grade quizzes
- Use google forms to conduct polls and elections